Friday, February 27, 2009

Frustrated

I have not lost weight in two weeks. At all. I am fluctuating between 179.5 and 181.5 and I am frustrated, depressed, and stressed. I am paying so much money for this trainer..we are currently playing around with my calories, and he wants me to drink a gallon of water a day now...religiously...I am getting tired of waking up at 5:30am, doing so much exercise...and then not dropping a pound or even losing some body fat. I am in a smaller jean size but the body fat is still the same and so are my inches. I do not get that at all. What the hell is going on? I have wanted to scream all week. I just keep thinking that it's not fair that I have to work this hard and I am not seeing any results. I realize I have not been doing this for that long...but I expected, at least, to see my body fat drop a bit...if not the weight. I don't get why the first week I dropped 6 pounds...then the second and third week I dropped not a damn thing, weight or fat...

Am I just stressing about nothing? Right now I just feel like I am wasting my money...160 bucks a month is not cheap...and sometimes I feel like the trainer doesn't really care about me as a person....then I wonder....I had to stop taking my birth control....so i've been without a hormone regulation for two weeks now....and it coincides with my inability to lose weight....and I have severe menstrual issues without the pill....I don't know...I am just sick of being fat and I want to be done already...I don't understand why I am having such a hard time. I work my ass off..

6 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

You sure do work your butt off. I can testify to that. I've been following you for a long time now. You and i are hanging out right at the 175-180 mark. I chose to believe there is some internal stuff going on and its all good and it will all come out in the wash. But then i'm not paying for a PT. You expect results from them. Just don't you dare quit girl! We gotta hang in there and BELIEVE! It will happen! Our bodies are very, very happy where they are at. We have to change their minds! It should not be this hard but it is so hang in there!Jinx!

Anonymous said...

HANG IN THERE!! YOU CAN DO IT. I SIGNED UP AT GOLDS GYM AND GOT A FREE TRIAL WITH A TRAINER, HE ALSO SUGGESTED I DRINK A GALLON OF WATER A DAY, I DIDN'T STAY UP WITH IT BUT I DID IT FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND IT HELPED. I LOST A FEW POUNDS. IT HELPS YOUR BODY LET GO OF THE "BAD STUFF" AND CORRECTLY USE THE "GOOD STUFF". ANYWAYS KEEP IT UP AND YOU WILL SEE RESULTS!AMBERLY!

Nat said...

It gets tough some times. Think of losetogain and how he had a 6 month plateau, but came out on top. I know that must be terribly frustrating for you right now, but try to stay positive! Even thoguh your body doesn't want to budge quite yet, you're doing great!

As for the trainer, if you're dropping cash on him, you've got to like him and feel happy working with him!

Nat said...

I just saw your comments on my blog, and you are just too goddamn sweet to me. I miss you too!!! We should do something in the summer <3

C said...

Jeez, now I'm kind of worried. We're supposed to start with trainers next week. I don't wanna work hard and get stuck, either.

Maybe your body is just sort of "reconfiguring"? You mentioned you went down a jeans size but your body fat/weight is the same. I've known people that have suddenly looked thinner, but weigh the same. So maybe it's just shifting or something.

Also, maybe you plateau'ed or something. And definitely hormonal changes will effect that as well. Keep up with what you're doing and you'll knock it loose.

zurplemoon said...

sister- i think we loose weight the same what we do is loose a chunk then sit at a weight for a time or 2 then the cycle starts a new. that's why i'm only weighing monthly.

the kicker is that if slack off we pay.

what matters is how you feel? is it good?

i would want to work with a trainer that i feel a connection with. there are many trainers out there. settle for the best and nothing less.

listen to jinix she knows